Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Kit Celebration and GOSH Denim Delight

I've bombarded you all with photos over the past couple days and have a couple picture-heavy posts planned coming up, so today I'm giving us all a little rest with a simple post about just two polishes. (Someday Nail Wheel Wednesday will return, I promise. Or threaten, depending on your views on nail wheels.)

When Tracey and Melissa and I stopped at Rexall on our way to Girly Bits HQ, we each bought a bottle of Kit Celebration, a multi-color multi-size glitterbomb in a clear base. I thought it would pair nicely with GOSH Denim Delight from Shoppers Drug Mart, where we'd been just before we hit Rexall.



Celebration has medium and small metallic hex glitter in a range of colors—silver, gold, orange, blue, green, and pink—as wel as tiny silver glitter (or mabye it's silver and gold; it's hard to tell since it's so tiny).



Denim Delight is a dusty blue creme; I used two coats as my base color, then did a glitter gradient with Celebration. I tried to drag most of the bigger glitters toward the tips of my nails and leave the tiny ones closer to the base. I added topcoat to smooth everything out when I was done pushing the glitter around.







Overall, I like this combination, though I do wonder if Celebration would look even better over a different base color: deep berry red or forest green, perhaps. I'll be interested to see how Tracey and Melissa decide to use their bottles of Celebration.



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely combination! The glitter gradient is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very sweet combo, dusty colors look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning combination! They go well together :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely glitter gradient! i love how colorful the glitter is!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Denim Delight is one of my fave Gosh polishes! Looks great with the addition of the glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denim Delight is beautiful, I love "dusty" shades :-) The final combination is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.