Thursday, June 3, 2010

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere

Today I have swatches of four glitter polishes ranging from a fairly subtle blend to a multi-color explosion.

Glitter polish

Left to right: Sephora by OPI It's Bouquet with Me, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink, Finger Paints Wicked Glitter, OPI Mad as a Hatter.


It's Bouquet with Me is the least wild of these four; it's a mix of pink, warm lilac, and silver with a scattering of holo. Rockstar Pink and Wicked Glitter share a more contrasting color scheme; both have blue, red, warm purple, and gold. Mad as a Hatter appears to have a little bit of everything in it&mdash: at least two shades of blue, plus silver, orange, gold, green, red, and purple.

Glitter polish

Once I had these on my nails (three coats of each, no base or top coat), I was evidently too distracted by all the shiny to focus my camera properly; I apologize for the blurry bits in the following photos.

Glitter polish

Top to bottom: Sephora by OPI It's Bouquet With Me, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink, Finger Paints Wicked Glitter, OPI Mad as a Hatter.


None of these are dupes, though Rockstar Pink and Wicked Glitter are close enough that it's certainly debatable if one person needs both. Rockstar Pink has a mix of glitter sizes, goes on denser, and leans more toward red/purple than Wicked Glitter, which is a bit chunkier.

Glitter polish

Top: Rockstar Pink; bottom: Wicked Glitter.


There's been some talk that Wicked Glitter is supposed to be Sally Beauty's version of Mad as a Hatter, but it's no dupe. They're both similarly chunky, but MaaH is much cooler in tone compared to Wicked Glitter and has a more complex mix of colors.

Glitter polish

Top: Wicked Glitter; bottom: Mad as a Hatter.


If I had to get rid of one of them, it would be Wicked Glitter; not because it's not pretty and sparkly but because it's too similar to Rockstar Pink, and I like that better. If I had to get rid of two, It's Bouquet with Me would also go, despite it having two of my favorite things, purple and holo. It just looks a little flat to me, so I want to try layering it, as that often makes all the difference.

9 comments:

  1. I recently got Amour Rain Glitter. Glittah rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only got mad as a hatter love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Hatter. It's great. But glitters are so easily dupable and my favourites are some cheap unnamed ones I got from a market stall!
    I like Rockstar best of the 4. Really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've got 3 of the 4 glad to see they are all somewhat different

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Wicked...and lucky me..I do have it! I like it in the bottle, just need to see what it look like OUT of bottle. I'm kicking myself about not nabbing Mad Hatter.

    Feeling the love of comparisons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple, and glitters? I just couldn't resist this post!!!! My friend currently layered her Mad as a Hatter with a black colour underneath, and it just looks A.MAZ.ING! :) I like all of these, although I think the Rock Star contrasting glitters is a bit too standout for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great comparisons, I have MAAH and Rockstar, and I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i love all glitter.. i think i'm not feeling the hatter as much as the others thought.. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.