Monday, June 21, 2010

Essie Demure Vixen

Today I am back to my regular routine after spending last week on vacation in the Pacific Northwest. Mr. Karen and I went to Washington to see our youngest nephew graduate from high school and meet our first grand niece, then we drove across the state with his parents to spend a few days at our ski condo in northern Idaho. For most of the time, my nails were polished with one of the shades from Essie's Summer 2010 collection, Demure vixen.

Essie

Essie's website describes this as an iridescent cocoa mauve. I say it's mostly mauve. I had the same reaction to this as to Revlon Gray Suede; on my skin tone, it can't quite decide whether to blend in or stand out, and I can't quite decide whether I like it.

Essie

I know I like the purple flash I see in the bottle; I wish more of that showed up on the nail in more lighting conditions.

Essie

This photo shows it in bright sun, and the shimmer is barely visible. I guess that's the demure part. If if were up to me, there'd be more vixen in this.

*****

I will be picking winners for my Wet 'n' Wild giveaway later today; I got a bit behind on verifying the entries while I was away.

11 comments:

  1. I quite like this color but I'm not sure if it'll look too good against my skin.

    Sounds like you had fun :)

    x
    http://evaporation-in-progress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely colour but you're right - it could use a bit more vixen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the flash of the purple showed up more, I would probably buy it if it did >:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty color! And I think it looks good on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is pretty. the purple flash makes it more fun to look at... too bad it's not more noticeable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I ma seriously, drooling over this color! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color is really pretty..almost like a neutral color..me likey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does play its demure part, quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I just gave you a blog award because I love the color swatches that you do for us readers! =)..go to my page to receive it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colour! I love the purple flash :) I think this would be so pretty all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, I think it really suits you. With its name I'd expect a different colour, but whatever, it's still lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.